We are very pleased to announce the release of an upgraded version of italki.com.
The new version of the site includes a cleaner layout, a redesigned dashboard and a few new cool features. Expect more improvements in the future to italki, as a lot of the work in this new version has been with the backend system.
As we migrate to this new version, we hope that you can remain patient as we try and fix all the bugs and issues that may crop up.
So without further ado, here is a first look at some of the main new changes to italki.com:
- Quick access to Sessions, Inbox, Friends & Finance
- Who’s Online (now called Recently Online) has now been moved to the centre top of the Dashboard. Here you can post your status in terms of what you are looking for on italki (e.g. I am looking for a French language partner). Like before, you can see which of the people you follow is online, but now you can also see what they are looking for, and what their latest post was.
- To read questions or notebooks in the language you are learning, we now have a Language Updates feed, which you can edit according to which language you want to see.
A Clearer Menu:
- Language Lessons and Speaking Practice are more clearly labeled under “language teachers”.
- Sessions and Scheduling have been given their own tab in the menu.
- Groups have been relabeled as discussions, and anyone can participate.
- We have made it easier to purchase credits and book lessons, by adding a “buy credits tab” and a “schedule session” button.
The new schedule session button makes finding a teacher and scheduling a session with them much easier.
Once you click the “Schedule Session” button in the dashboard, you will be taken through a suggested teacher process, allowing you to more easily find teachers that are active and suit your learning goals.
We appreciate your patience and feedback in this transitional time. Our goal is to provide a faster, better, more stable experience. If you experience any bugs please report them to email@example.com
italki Community Manager