In our last language challenge, we found that:
85% of the Challengers who actually put up a Public Video Pledge actually completed the Challenge (compared to only 48% of those who did not). (See the previous Challenge Review)
So… we’re offering this bonus again to help you complete the Challenge!
(and also because we’re cool like that!)
If you’ve signed up for the 2014 italki World Cup Language Challenge, we’re giving away even more ITC to motivate you to succeed! Do you really want to complete the challenge? Use peer pressure (in a good way) to help yourself achieve your language learning goal! Life Hacks research has shown that if you put yourself up to something by doing it in public, you follow through because others are watching. Things that you put on the Web have a better chance of getting done!
BONUS 50ITC! Upload your Language Challenge Public Video Pledge
What should you say in your Public Video Pledge?
- Speak in your native language
- Tell us why you are taking The Challenge and what language you are learning
- Tell us what you will commit to (i.e. I promise to take at least 2 to 3 sessions a week)
- Tell us what you hope to accomplish with the challenge
- Tell us what team you want to win the World Cup!
- Speak in the language you are learning
- Repeat the above in the language you are learning
- If you can’t say anything, or your language level is at a beginner level then try to say a few words you know in the language or just say you have no ability.
- Label the video: “(italki username)’s 2014 italki World Cup Language Challenge Public Pledge”
- The video should not be longer than 2 minutes in length.
- Write a Notebook Entry “I’ve made a Public Video Pledge for the 2014 World Cup Language Challenge” and paste the YouTube/Youku URL.
We will immediately award you with 50ITC once you post your notebook entry and we verify the video! Just send us an email to email@example.com and let us know your username so we can view the Notebook entry with the Public Video Pledge link!
Lindsaydoeslanguages is doing it! So should you!
Lindsaydoeslanguages was one of our Challenge winners from our last language Challenge in which she learned German! In honor of the World Cup, she’s going to be learning Portuguese for the 2014 italki World Cup Language Challenge. Below is her Public Video Pledge. She’ll also be blogging about it and giving us weekly updates as she seeks to improve her Portuguese both on her language learning blog site www.lindsaydoeslanguages.com and here on the italki blog site!
If you’ve signed up for The Challenge and you really want to finish, you should make the Public Video Pledge now! You’ll get paid for it and it will help you complete the Challenge!
One quick last comment… England winning the 2014 World Cup? italki World Cup Challengers… your thoughts? Agree or Disagree?