Check out this handy infographic for the World Cup Challenge Wrap-up:
The second learning challenge of 2014 has finally finished, and we daresay has brought us some interesting insights about learning a language, as well as a bit about the italki community. This has been the biggest challenge by far, with hundreds of students participating.
- The overall challenge completion rate was 53%. Over half of you have passed the goal of 25 hoursof language-learning in two months.
- What is even more remarkable, 23% of the participants have done more than 30 hours of classes during the challenge.
One notable thing that we learned through this challenge: telling your friends, neighbors, anonymous YouTubers and the italki community about your commitment greatly increases the likelihood of you achieving your goals:
- Of our pledge video participants a whopping 62.5% have completed the challenge
- 26.2% have completed over 30 hours
A few of the participants went astronomically above and beyond the challenge, with top-3 students having completed:
- 87.5 hours (from U.K. – studying French and Italian)
- 87.8 hours (from Spain – studying English)
- 92 hours (originally from Mexico, now living in the U.S. – studying Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese)