The June 2015 Language Challenge has ended and it was an amazing success!
55% of challengers completed the challenge!
We did an analysis of this Challenge and it was similar to our previous Challenges (2015 New Year’s Challenge Wrap-Up, 2014 October Challenge, 2014 World Cup Challenge, 2014 New Year’s Challenge). For this challenge:
The challenge was to complete 12 hours of language lessons in the month of June (June 1st to June 30th) to win a reward of 300ITC!
We had challengers from all over the world; 80 countries were represented!
Top 5 countries participating :
1. United States of America
2. United Kingdom
3. Russian Federation
And we even had some language learners from the below these countries (wow!):
– Syrian Arab Republic
– Puerto Rico
– Trinidad & Tobago
52 different languages were learned during the challenge.
The 5 most popular languages that our challengers were learning were:
We also had a much greater representation from our less common languages like:
Other interesting tidbits:
– 91% of challengers who submitted a Public Video Pledge completed the Challenge! Wow – that pretty much means if you make a Public Video Pledge, you’ll complete the Challenge.
– One hardcore challenger complete 77.5 hours of lessons! That’s more than and hour and a half of lessons each day.
– One of our challengers (Sylin from France who actually speaks more than 30 languages!) learned 15 languages during the challenge!
– 10% of the challengers were also teachers.
– 3% just missed the challenge by one hour or less! Ouch.
Also a big congrats to some of our italki staff who finished the challenge like this guy below… (again they all get to keep their jobs!)