– Intern: email and content
Position: Marketing Internship
italki is a global educational marketplace that focuses on online language learning. Our mission is to help people become fluent in a foreign language by connecting them with online teachers from around the world. Our community is continually growing — now with over 1.5 million users and thousands of teachers spanning across the globe in over 200 countries. We are always accepting interns of diverse backgrounds who are eager to learn more about internet-based businesses. If you are interested in joining one of the most rapidly growing edu-tech companies around, then read on.
Introduction to the role:
The Marketing team is the key driver of italki’s business. Our campaigns span through both online (social media, content, digital advertisements, email, blogs, publications, affiliate networks, public relations, etc.) and offline mediums (magazines, billboard advertisements, print, etc.). Being an internet-based business focused on a global market, it is essential that we keep growing and improving our marketing strategy by channeling fresh, innovative ideas and putting them forth to action.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and action-driven individual who can bring forth innovative ideas for marketing campaigns and can also support the team in various operational duties.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China need not apply.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Content Marketing: Our content plays a vital role in our holistic online marketing strategy and is a driver of our new student conversions from external sites (search engines, social media, partners, etc.). As a Marketing intern, you will get hands-on experience in content development, curation, and publication, as well as exposure to online marketing through major social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.). You will also be introduced to powerful analytical tools (Google Analytics), and learn to evaluate the performance of the content from a marketing perspective.
- Email Marketing: A large portion of our internal marketing initiative rides on our email program. These marketing emails include ongoing campaigns, periodical newsletters, trigger emails, social emails, and one-off marketing promotions. As a Marketing intern, you will assist in the operational duties of our email program, as well as help develop new ideas for email campaigns. You will be introduced to SendGrid (email marketing tool), and will also learn to analyze and evaluate the results of our email campaigns.
- Other: As Marketing relies heavily on intra-department collaboration, you will also have opportunities to work with Social Media Marketing, YouTube Marketing, and other general marketing outlets.
- Marketing Meetings: You will have the opportunity to participate in our department meetings to brainstorm new marketing ideas for campaigns.
As italki is a language learning website helping users all over the world learn any language, we welcome International Interns from all different backgrounds and language abilities.
- University Degree or currently in University
- Fluency in English
- Able to commit to 3+ months
- Interest in business and marketing
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Well-organized and able to multi-task
- Business coursework experience
- Prior internship exposure in marketing or communications
- International and/or multicultural background
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese
What you’ll get out of the experience:
- Learn how online marketing is handled at a startup
- Learn the basics of marketing analytics (Google Analytics)
- Learn a foreign language (Stipend for free online language classes in the language of your choice)
- Gain experience in both the China and International market (spanning a total of 200 countries)