italki is continuing to grow at lightning speed, and in order to support our 1.5 million+ user community, we are always accepting interns from diverse backgrounds, speaking any language. If you are interested in interning at one of the coolest edtech companies around, then read on!
Introduction to the role:
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for interns who wish to work at an exciting and fun working environment. You’ll need to be highly adaptable and a quick learner as you’ll get involved in many different aspects of the company from daily operational work, community management to different projects that aim to improve the student and teacher experience on italki. You’ll get to work with Product, User Experience and Development teams as well as participate in all departmental and company-wide meetings.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China need not apply.
Key tasks and responsibilities, but are not limited to the following:
Services and Operations Internship Responsibilities
- Learning and performing daily operational duties for managing a global, language learning website
- Helping with community management
- Helping with customer support (using Zendesk)
- Helping to do customer research through surveys, interviews, testimonials
- Participate in our department meetings to share ideas and feedback
- Helping with testing of new features on the website
- Helping with website quality control and translation
As italki is a language learning website helping users all over the world learn any language, we welcome International Interns from all different backgrounds and language abilities.
- Able to commit to at least 3 months (special circumstances do apply)
- Fluency in English
- Interested in technology, language learning
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task
- University Degree or currently in University
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese (not required but it helps as half our team are native Chinese speakers)
What you’ll get out of the experience (and other benefits)!
- Learn what things look like on the inside of a growing internet startup
- Learn how to online marketing is handled at a startup
- Learn how a startup handles an online community with a small team
- Learn a foreign language! (Stipend for free online language classes in the language of your choice!)
- Be part of an exciting, fast-growing startup that is changing the way people learn languages
- Gain experience in both the China and the International market, as our users span a total of 200 countries.
Don’t take our word for it! Many of our Interns have wrote us thank you stories about their experiences at italki. Read theirs and apply now!
Simone from Italy
Silvia from Italy
Christophe from Belgium
Sarina from the United States
Reid from the United States
Bo from the United States
Kristi from Norway
Tomasso from Italy
Jia Hong from the United States / China
Guo Hong from China
Romain from France
Richard from China
Cecilia from Italy
Elisa from China
Qiyi from China
Anna from Italy
On italki you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 1.5 million users and 3000+ teachers of 100 languages.
italki has been named as one of the top 5 language learning products by The Independent, as well as being featured in press such as Mashable, TechCrunch and The Guardian.
All interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.