The Marketing team is the key driver of italki’s business. Our campaigns span through both online (social media, content, digital ads, email, blogs, publications, affiliate networks, public relations, etc.) and offline mediums (magazines, print, events, etc.). Being an internet-based business focused on a global market, it is essential that we keep growing and improving our marketing strategy by channeling fresh, innovative ideas and putting them into action.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and action-driven individual who can bring forth this passion into the Marketing team. The Marketing Copywriter will report to the Marketing Communications Manager and will be responsible for the writing and consistency of content across all Marketing and communication channels.
- Write copy for italki website, ads, brochures, and other forms of advertising.
- Adhere to the brand voice guidelines and create content accordingly.
- Explore different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in tandem with the creative team.
- Update social media channels with brand relevant content.
- Assist SEO Specialist on projects related to on-page and off-page optimization.
- Oversee campaigns from production to completion.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content.
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
- Work with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production teams to complete online and offline campaigns.
- Write press releases advertising italki.
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment handling websites with large traffic (1M> page view per month).
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- 2 years experience in Copywriting preferred.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets and change copy accordingly.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a team and with a range of creative people.
- Able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Be highly self-motivated and well organized.
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
* Experience on the language learning industry is a plus