Position: Senior Product Manager
italki is a growing language education startup, that is focused on the human side of language learning. We are looking for a talented product manager to help us build a human-centered marketplace with an active and passionate community of students and independent teachers.
At italki, you will work with engineers and designers in a diverse and rapidly changing environment. This role will require amazing communication skills, great product judgment, deep technical knowledge, and strong market analysis.
You are an experienced product manager with experience in consumer web and mobile products. You know how to work with a multicultural team, with a strong sense of a balance between the right amount of process and just getting things done. You are a constant learner, and you’re always seeking to understand customers, changes in the market, and technology. Most of all, you take the initiative, and understand how to deliver a great result.
- Help drive product direction and strategy
- Help build the product roadmap, objectives and KPIs
- Oversee and build effective specs for development team
- Work with UX to understand user needs, stakeholders, and behavior
- Perform internal analysis, external market research and competitive analysis
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Experience in building consumer internet or mobile products
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Experience with building product requirements and product backlogs.
- Experience with scrum and other organization methodologies
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and changing team environment
- Professional level English. Some Chinese ability strongly preferred.
- You know how to turn good products into something truly remarkable.
- You understand the hooks for how to get products into people’s hands (growth hacker)
- You care about education technology and are interested in foreign language learning.
- Design and development skills.
- Can speak Mandarin Chinese.
- Salary is based on experience and education
- 5-day work week
- Allowance for free online language lessons
- Great opportunities for growth
- Annual Performance Review
italki is a language education marketplace based in Shanghai, China. Our mission is to help people become fluent in a foreign language by connecting them with online teachers from around the world. Our community is growing with over 2 million learners and thousands of teachers in over 200 countries. We are always looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for languages and cultures, and are excited to take on the challenges of working in a fast-paced internet company.
italki was created with the belief that the internet is radically changing the way people learn foreign languages. Everyone should be able to get access to language teachers, educational materials, and practice partners through a friendly global community. At italki, we want to create a world where anyone, anywhere in the world can become fluent in a foreign language.
italki has has been named as one of the top 5 language learning products by The Independent, as well as being featured in press such as Mashable, TechCrunch and The Guardian.
All interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.