Software Engineer – Python – Mobile Technology Team
italki is a growing language education startup, that is focused on the human side of language learning. Everyday we connect millions of learners to natives of more than 75 languages.
italki is seeking a Software Engineer with experience in Python development to work on our Mobile Technology Team. Ideally you should have worked on Python-based web applications, and are up-to-date with the latest Python frameworks, trends, and practices. Ideally, you should also have experience building highly-scalable systems using open-source technologies in concert with Python-based applications.
You must be able to work in a startup environment. You must be able to think through longer-term code and architecture issues, while being able to develop new products.
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet friendly working environment. The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates from other locations need not apply. The italki team is a multinational group of language lovers and tech enthusiasts. Both English and Mandarin are our official office languages. We’re growing quickly and we’re hiring! Please send your CV to email@example.com.
- Participate in most of the software project cycle, including analysis, design, development and subsequent deployment operations;
- Able to analyze, investigate and select technical solutions according to the actual needs of the project;
- Identify and solve technical problems in system development, and solve key technical problems;
- Improving and refactoring the original python source code structure;
- Implementing development tasks according to product requirements
- 1-3年以上Python开发经验, 两年以上python服务端开发经验；
- 熟悉MVC架构，熟练掌握Python web开发框架，精通Tornado或者其他Python Web开发框架（如Django）者优先；
- 很好的理解和运用： Html5, CSS3 and AngularJS;
- 熟悉Linux操作系统，熟悉Ngnix等Web Server的部署和应用；
- Bachelor degree or above, major in computer science, software engineering, information management, computer application, etc.;
- 1-3 + years of Python development experience, more than two years experience in Python server development;
- Familiar with MVC architecture, familiar with Python web development framework, proficient in Tornado or other Python Web development framework (such as Django) is preferred;
- Database design skills, proficient in MySql is preferred;
- Skills in Html5, CSS3 and AngularJS preferred as well;
- Familiar with Linux operating system, familiar with Ngnix and other Web Server deployment and application;
- Large network service development, experience in high concurrency, high stability is preferred;
- Have good coding habits and develop the habit of writing documents;
- Good team work and communication skills, good at learning, willing to share, able to work under pressure;
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum)