Position: UX Designer
italki is an exciting edtech startup that is changing the way the world learns foreign languages. With over 1 million students and teachers in its global community, italki is looking to expand its team in Shanghai, China.
Introduction to the role:
We are seeking a talented UX Designer with experience in both web and mobile/tablet products. We are looking for someone who wants to take on the challenge of disrupting the world of language learning through an innovative product that focuses on people.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Creating a compelling user experience for our service, which connects students and language teachers around the world.
- Leading and helping to execute everything related to design for our products.
- Working closely with our marketing, product, and tech teams to research, design, and develop features.
- Passionate about understanding customers and creating great experiences.
- You know how to turn good products into something truly remarkable.
- Expert in human-centered design, interaction design, visual design, software and tools.
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects on websites and mobile/tablet products.
- You are passionate about education and foreign languages.
- Experience with latest technologies (e.g. HTML5, iOS, Android, etc.) and design for different devices.
- 3+ years of UX Design experience
- Advanced / native English speaker
- You’ll be working in a small but growing startup. It’s a casual environment that’s open to new ideas, and new approaches.
- You should be ready to work with a diverse international team based in Shanghai!
- Knowing Mandarin Chinese is a plus. We also offer free online language lessons to our staff.
- There will be great opportunities to grow in responsibility. We are happy to offer options to people who can grow with us.
On italki you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 1 million students and 1000+ teachers of 100 languages.
At italki, you can become fluent in any language by taking lessons with online teachers from around the world. Whether you are learning English for business, Chinese for school, Spanish for travel, or Arabic for personal interest, italki can connect you to the right teacher for your schedule, budget, and learning style.
italki was created with the belief that the internet is radically changing the way people learn foreign languages. Everyone should be able to get access to language teachers, educational materials, and practice partners through a friendly global community. At italki, we want to create a world where anyone, anywhere in the world can become fluent in a foreign language.
italki has has been named as one of the top 5 language learning products by The Independent, as well as being featured in press such as Mashable, TechCrunch and The Guardian.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also send us a link to your portfolio. We would like to see projects where you have played a leading role. We would also love to see links or documentation to design sketches, prototypes, or presentations.