Junior Data Analyst – Analytics Team
The italki Data Team oversees the development of internal data products that inform key marketing and product decisions. On a typical day, we use R, Python or SQL to analyze data and Spark and Hadoop-technologies to clean and centralize data in our data pipeline. The Data Analyst is a junior role, but if you are passionate about expanding your skills into a capable coder, modeler, and general data-wiz, this role will certainly grow with you!
The ideal candidate has a background in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or a related technical field. They are analytical and question driven. They enjoy deriving actionable insights from complex datasets, and they are excited to develop, test, and deploy these methods into data products that will impact our core business.
- Partner with Marketing, Service and Product teams to solve problems and identify opportunities; support and execute on product decisions
- Create models and metrics to analyze usage patterns, student behavior and optimal allocation of resources.
- Be a key player in the design and implementation of new data applications.
- Automate data analysis and streamline processes to increase business efficiency
- You are familiar with at least one programming language used for data analysis: R, SAS, Python or Matlab
- You are familiar with analyzing data and deriving insight from complex datasets.
- You’re exceptional with interpersonal communications, including the ability to describe metrics and models to all types of business partners
- Highly proficient English speaker.
Note that skill in using SQL is preferred, but relaxable on an outstanding candidate.