Marketing Communications Manager
The Marketing team is the key driver of italki’s business. Our campaigns span through both online (social media, content, digital ads, email, blogs, publications, affiliate networks, public relations, etc.) and offline mediums (magazines, print, events, etc.). Being an internet-based business focused on a global market, it is essential that we keep growing and improving our marketing strategy by channeling fresh, innovative ideas and putting them into action.
As the communications manager you will lead our PR, Content and Social Media team, playing a critical role in advancing italki’s vision. This is a great opportunity for a creative individual looking for mission-driven work with the opportunity to truly shape and lead a communications strategy. You will need the ability to set and drive clear priorities, juggle multiple projects, and listen and coordinate at every turn. We are looking for someone who is both a great storyteller and a consummate team player, able to work in a dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth.
- Create a compelling story around our product
- Develop relationships with journalists and influencers to pitch stories and communicate the advantages of the product in simple terms
- Lead our editorial and social media team to create and distribute memorable written and graphic content on-site and off-site
- Media monitoring and analysis
- Establish and maintain systems to report and evaluate the results of the campaigns.
- Engage, Educate, Excite and Evangelize
- Startup experience and a startup mentality; a cross-functional leader who gets things done, scrappy and hands-on
- Has experience with integrated marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience developing and publishing exciting stories of people and organizational impact
- Proven communicator – excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Must be able to work closely with all marketing team members and staff of italki
- 3+ years experience developing and executing communications or public relations plans; an understanding of how to define audiences and target messages to them
- Experience on the language learning industry is a plus
italki is the world leader in online language education and is changing the way the world learns foreign languages. Our team is multinational, and based in Shanghai, China.
At italki, you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 2 million users and 3000+ teachers of 75 languages.
The italki team is a multinational group of language lovers and tech enthusiasts. Both English and Mandarin are our official office languages. We’re growing quickly and we’re hiring! Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.