QA Tester – Technology Team
italki is a growing language education startup, that is focused on the human side of language learning. At italki, you will work closely with the Product Development team and Creative team and be able to identify problems before they affected production deadline. This role will require amazing interpersonal skills, communication skills and great process judgment to details. We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet relaxed working environment. Join our team and help expand our presence in the customer support marketplace. The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China or not able to relocate to Shanghai, China need not apply.
- You will be responsible for acquiring a thorough understanding of our platform
- Learning the ins-and-outs of every piece of functionality
- Determine test cases that need to be executed with each sprint to ensure that thorough test coverage is achieved and that any cross-dependencies and side effects have been considered
- You will be working together with an international scrum team to ensure that the software being delivered is of the highest quality
- You are pedantic and thorough and enjoy looking for those bugs that no one else would find
- You will provide continuous testing throughout each sprint, ensuring that issue tracking is managed well and that the team has a high standard of what is
- Solid mobile app testing experience and knowledge of common issues
- Strong experience with agile development / Scrum, a sound understanding of the QA process within Scrum and how to deal with common issues.
- Defect tracking / management / verification through Trello.
- Ability to determine and write acceptance criteria and test cases in collaboration with product owner based on requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and consistent collaboration with the team
italki is the world leader in online language education and is changing the way the world learns foreign languages. Our team is multinational, and based in Shanghai, China.
At italki, you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 2 million users and 3000+ teachers of 75 languages.
The italki team is a multinational group of language lovers and tech enthusiasts. Both English and Mandarin are our official office languages. We’re growing quickly and we’re hiring! Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Reasons to Join
We are a global startup!
Informal, international workspace.
Central, downtown location
Flexible working hours and no overtime work
Great medical insurance
20 paid personal days per year
Monthly team activities
Yearly team travel
$100 USD language learning credits every month
Opportunities for career advancement