Senior iOS Developer
italki is seeking a senior developer with experience in iOS application development. Ideally you should have a demonstrable history of delivering excellent iOS apps for all devices, and are up-to-date with the latest iOS development trends and technology.
You must be able to work in a startup environment. You must be able to think through longer-term code and architecture issues, while being able to develop new products.
We are looking for someone with a Chinese or international background, who appreciates working in a multicultural team, and building product for an international customer base. Business proficient Chinese and English skills are required.
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet friendly working environment. This position is based in Shanghai, China.
- Communicate and collaborate with Product team to understand development requirements while providing feedback to Design
- Deliver high quality code in a timely manner which meets product requirements set forth by Product Manager
- Research and report on emerging technologies for iOS apps
- Help manage development process and Git workflow for iOS team
- Develop highly impactful and user-friendly features
- Collaborate with web team to integrate new web-first features while pushing italki’s entire platform forward with mobile-first features
- Experience working with various testing methodologies/principles (regression, unit, integration)
- Ability to produce high-quality, testable code
- Able to work closely with and manage an international team of developers
- Able to quickly prototype UI elements for iOS apps
- Use storyboards to build iOS based on UI mockup
- Able to implement corresponding features that have confirmed on time
- Use Objective-C and Swift as development languages
- Ability to use tools included in Xcode (such as instrument, testflight etc.,)
- Used different third-party libraries in development (such as AFNetworking, SDWebImage, MBProgressHUD and CocoaPods)
- Strong understanding of different testing methodologies (unit, functional, TDD, etc.)
- Must be based in or willing to relocate to Shanghai, China
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Business proficient in both Mandarin Chinese and English
- Experience using Swift to develop iOS apps
- Git to manage source code
- Experience working in an Agile team (Scrum preferred)
- Use of testing in a continuous integration environment
- Experience working with hybrid app framework/tools (Ionic, React native, Phonegap)
- Experience in animated transitions in Swift is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience working in iOS development
- Experience managing a team is preferred
italki is the world leader in online language education and is changing the way the world learns foreign languages. Our team is multinational, and based in Shanghai, China.
At italki, you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 2 million students and 3000+ teachers of 75 languages.
The italki team is a multinational group of language lovers and tech enthusiasts. Both English and Mandarin are our official office languages. We’re growing quickly and we’re hiring! Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.