italki is a growing, global language education startup, that is focused on the human side of language learning. Everyday we connect millions of learners to natives of more than 75 languages all over the world!
We are seeking an experienced UI Designer that’ll help us develop the most friendly and engaging language learning experience on the web. You’ll work with our Product Managers and UX designers to tackle complex usability/learning tasks and translate those needs into simple and appealing designs. You value friendly interface design and you can effectively communicate difficult design concepts.
You can produce perfect mockups and detailed documentation in an iterative product development environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: interface design for our fully responsive web product, usability testing, close collaboration with the UX designers and developers, and occasional collaboration with marketing and customer service.
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet relaxed working environment. The position is based in Shanghai, China.
- You will be responsible for creating beautiful yet simple interfaces for our main web product used by millions of users from all over the world, available in 16 different languages.
- Responsible to adapt our features to our responsive framework, and make everything work flawlessly at every breakpoint.
- You will be in charge of improving, expanding and maintaining our design guidelines, based on Google’s Material Design.
- You will facilitate our frontend and web ui developers to build and maintain a solid CSS framework to implement your design.
- Work close together with UX and the devs to deliver precise design specs.
- Strong English Skills (Meetings and All Communications will be done entirely in English), work knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience working on interfaces for Web
- Rock-solid knowledge of Sketch (and/or Photoshop, and/or Illustrator, and/or XD)
- Strong understanding of UI and usability principles
- Able to develop ideas from lo-fidelity wireframes to high fidelity mockups, and follow up on their implementation
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML is a big plus!
- UX/Research skills are a nice plus too.
italki is the world leader in online language education and is changing the way the world learns foreign languages. Our team is multinational, and based in Shanghai, China.
At italki, you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 2 million users and 3000+ teachers of 75 languages.
The italki team is a multinational group of language lovers and tech enthusiasts. Both English and Mandarin are our official office languages. We’re growing quickly and we’re hiring!
Reasons to Join
We are a global startup!
Informal, international workspace.
Central, downtown location
Flexible working hours and no overtime work
Great medical insurance
20 paid personal days per year
Monthly team activities
Yearly team travel
$100 USD language learning credits every month
Opportunities for career advancement