UX/UI Designer – Product Team
italki is a growing language education startup, that is focused on the human side of language learning. We are looking for an ambitious UX/UI Designer to assist in building awesome products for external and internal customers.
At italki, you will work with product managers, web developers and other designers in a diverse and rapidly changing environment. This role will require passion for design and user experience, amazing interpersonal skills, leadership, cross-cultural communication skills, and working tirelessly towards meeting user needs and business objectives.
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet relaxed working environment. Join our team and help expand our presence in the customer support marketplace.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China or unable to relocate to Shanghai need not apply.
You are a UX/UI Designer with experience in consumer web products. You know how to work with a multicultural team, with a strong sense of the balance between the right amount of process and just getting things done. You are a constant learner and you have a natural ability to empathize with users. You’re always seeking to understand customers, changes in the market, and technology. Most of all, you take the initiative, and understand how to deliver a great result.
* Connect the dots between business needs, innovation and good design.
* Drive user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results and connects emotionally.
* Create beautiful yet simple interfaces for our main web product used by millions of users from all over the world, available in 16 different languages.
* Adapt our features to our responsive framework, and make everything work flawlessly at every breakpoint.
* Work with other designers to improve, expand and maintain our design guidelines
* Be obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail.
* Create and revise information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
* Understanding (and keeping the team updated about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
* Well-rounded UX/UI professional who works well in a cross-cultural environment
* Highly experienced with Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator and collaboration tools like Zeplin
* Familiar with the design thinking process, user research and testing
* Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI and UX
* 3+ years of UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
* Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
* Familiar with designing in an agile environment is plus
* Fluency in English; Chinese language ability strongly preferred
* Position is based in Shanghai, China. We assume you’re interested in living here.
All interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com.