Weekend Customer Service Specialist – Customer Support Team
italki is seeking dynamic individuals who are genuinely compassionate, patient, organized and committed to ensuring our users have the best possible experience on italki. You should be focused, self-motivated and a team-player. You’re a great match if you possess fantastic troubleshooting skills and are driven to help customers. If you enjoy dealing with various cultures and interacting with people from all over the world on a daily basis, this is an excellent role for you!
We are a fast-growing tech startup looking for an individual who wants to be part of an exciting, yet relaxed working environment. We are seeking Customer Service representatives who can provide ticketing support with a focus over the weekend.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China need not apply.
- Solving customer support questions from italki teachers using Zendesk, our customer support platform
- 5 Day work week Thursday through Monday. Tuesday and Wednesdays are off. During the weekend, you have the option of working remotely but need to finish the ticketing on those days.
- Excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful and conscientious writing skills
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills – You must be able to convey technical and non-technical jargon to students and teachers from all over the world
- A strong sense of urgency
- Ability to empower end-users to support themselves using our knowledge base
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- A desire to learn, master and teach
- Interested in technology, language learning
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task
- Solid technical support experience is a strong benefit
- Prior teaching experience is essential (especially on italki)
italki is the world leader in online language education and is changing the way the world learns foreign languages. Our team is multinational, and based in Shanghai, China.
At italki, you can find the best online language teachers from around the world. italki is the world leader in online language education with over 2 million users and 3000+ teachers of 75 languages.
The italki team is a multinational group of language lovers and tech enthusiasts. Both English and Mandarin are our official office languages. We’re growing quickly and we’re hiring! Please send your CV to email@example.com.